Do I qualify?
- you have worked continuously for your employer for 26 weeks ending with the 15th week before the baby is due or the end of the week in which the child's adopter is notified of being matched with the child; and You
- have or expect to have responsibility for the child's upbringing; or
- are the biological father of the child or the mother's husband or partner and have worked continuously for their employer for 26 weeks ending with the 15th week before the baby is due or the end of the week in which the child's adopter is notified of being matched with the child.
How much leave do I get?
Can I take any additional leave?
- you are the father of a child due on or after 3 April 2011
- your wife, partner or civil partner is pregnant and due to give birth to a child on or after 3 April 2011
- you and your partner receive notification that you are matched with a child for adoption on or after 3 April 2011
- your wife, partner or civil partner is adopting a child from overseas and the child enters Great Britain on or after 3 April 2011
- the child's mother is entitled to statutory maternity leave, maternity pay or allowance or statutory adoption leave or pay.
Do I need to give my employer notice?
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the legal information contained on “consumeruk” is accurate, it does not constitute legal advice tailored to your individual circumstances. If you act on it, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Neither the Proprietor nor Dean Dunham can assume responsibility and do not accept liability for any damage or loss which may arise as a result of your reliance upon it.